The goal of the Nonhuman Primate Research Consortium (NHPRC) is to strengthen communications, leverage system-wide resources, and facilitate sharing of information and best practices across institutions. Established in partnership with the National Institute of Health (NIH), the Consortium consists of working groups in the areas of genetics, training, colony management, DNA banking, pathology and behavioral management.
- California National Primate Research Center
- New England National Primate Research Center
- Oregon National Primate Research Center
- Southwest National Primate Research Center
- Tulane National Primate Research Center
- Washington National Primate Research Center
- Wisconsin National Primate Research Center
- Yerkes National Primate Research Center
- Caribbean Primate Research Center
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Wake Forest University Primate Center
- National Institute of Health
Consortium activities are supported through funding provided by the NIGMS and contributions from participating organizations.
- Primate Info Net – http://pin.primate.wisc.edu
- NCRR Primate Resources – http://www.ncrr.nih.gov/comparative_medicine/resource_directory/primates.asp – Please note that as of 12/23/2011, NCRR has been dissolved and NHPRC is now under NIH Office of the Director, Division of Program Coordination, Planning and Strategic Initiatives, Office of Research Infrastructure Programs. You can find more information about this division here: http://opasi.nih.gov/.